The blogs on this list share a little bit of everything – handy resources meant for other paramedics, on-the-job insight, health information for the general populace, detailed stories about their experiences, and more. Some interweave personal hobbies and lives into accounts from work. While most are from the United States, there is global representation from places as far flung as South Africa and Australia.
3. Life Under the Lights is a frank blog chronicling the adventures and insights of one active paramedic.
Highlight: Routinely Not Routine: Good EMS Make the Difference
4. Blogger, paramedic, and software engineer, My Variables Only Have 6 Letters provides well-researched (citations and graphs included) posts where medicine and technology collide.
Highlight: Pediatric Intranasal Fentanyl
6. News, personal insight, and more can be found at Rescue Monkey, including some well researched and thought out discussions on trending issues in the paramedic world.
Highlight: Difference of Opinion
10. A Work in Progress covers a little bit of everything in the life of Ellie, an experienced paramedic. Remarkable also for its longevity; 8 years old and still going strong is impressive for a personal blog.
Highlight: Faith in Humanity
11. The Happy Medic shares stories from the perspective of fire, paramedic, and other rescue services. Occasionally, it dives into territory wholly unrelated. A strong sense of humor is evident throughout.
Highlight: How Far Would You Go To Win Against Cancer
15. Salty Medic is a Seattleite paramedic who blogs about her experiences and discusses the challenges faced in her profession.
Highlight: Develop Your Professionality, A Treatment for Boredom and Burnout
19. The Paramedic’s Diary is an accounting of life as a London-based paramedic in diary form, with interesting diversions about gassy booze and local politics thrown in for good measure.
Highlight: Shopping Trip
21. My ER 24 Blog is a South African blog designed to share information with the media and general populace about the on-going work of the local emergency and rescue teams.
Highlight: Man Falls off Back of Dump Truck is in Critical Condition
24. Fit Responder focuses on ways paramedics and other emergency response personnel can keep themselves in strong, healthy shape inside and out through fitness and injury prevention.
Highlight: Exercise and Cancer
25. EMS 12-Lead is a collaborative blog written from several highly experienced paramedics containing tons of case studies designed to help EMTs improve their knowledge base.
Highlight: 12 year old male CC: Palpitations
28. Every Day EMS Tips is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – useful tips for EMS personnel. You may also encounter product reviews, interviews and profiles of interesting EMS folks, and a smattering of other tidbits.
Highlight: More Driving Lessons Unlearned
29. Paramedic Blog is a well-designed site containing pictures and stories from the frontline of emergency care.
Highlight: Sudden Death Punch, Decorticate Posturing, Agonal Breathing
30. Written from a long-time paramedic (in the business since 1978) and paramedic instructor, Paramedic Blog is focused on information useful to other paramedics, with product reviews and helpful information on the state of the industry.
Highlight: Impedance Threshold Device